Caribbean, Latin Artists Up For The AMAs
By NAN ET Writer
News Americas, LOS ANGELES, CA, Thurs. Nov. 12, 2015: Two top Caribbean-born artists and three Latin stars are among the nominees for this year’s American Music Awards.
Bajan star Rihanna is nominated for two awards including Favorite Female Artist – Soul/R&B and Collaboration Of The Year for “Four Five Seconds” with Kanye West and featuring Sir Paul McCartney.
Her nomination comes as the singer and style queen just announced her newest venture – a own beauty agency called Fr8me.
“Hair, makeup and styling play an important role in creativity,” Rihanna told The Hollywood Reporter. “I am very involved with that part of my process, so this agency was an organic thing for me to do.”
Trinidad-born rapper Nicki Minaj also has three nominations including Artist of the Year, Favorite Artist – Rap/Hip-Hop and Favorite Album – Rap/Hip-Hop.
Romeo Santos, Enrique Iglesias and Ricky Martin are this year’s Favorite Latin nominees
Jennifer Lopez will host and perform on the “2015 American Music Awards,” which will air live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday, November 22 at 8:00pm ET on ABC.
The American Music Awards winners are chosen entirely by fans. Fans can vote now at AMAvote.com.
- Caribbean And Latin America News Round Up For Monday Jan. 16, 2017
- Tribute to President Obama: “America has come to its senses” – Part I
- Passport Index Launches New Update
- Ciao Willy Pic – Chinese Wrestling
- Nationals From These Five Caribbean Countries Make Up New York City’s Top Foreign Immigrant Groups
- Two Caribbean Countries Where The Cost Of Living Is Higher Than NYC