Caribbean, Latin Artists Up For The AMAs
By NAN ET Writer
News Americas, LOS ANGELES, CA, Thurs. Nov. 12, 2015: Two top Caribbean-born artists and three Latin stars are among the nominees for this year’s American Music Awards.
Bajan star Rihanna is nominated for two awards including Favorite Female Artist – Soul/R&B and Collaboration Of The Year for “Four Five Seconds” with Kanye West and featuring Sir Paul McCartney.
Her nomination comes as the singer and style queen just announced her newest venture – a own beauty agency called Fr8me.
“Hair, makeup and styling play an important role in creativity,” Rihanna told The Hollywood Reporter. “I am very involved with that part of my process, so this agency was an organic thing for me to do.”
Trinidad-born rapper Nicki Minaj also has three nominations including Artist of the Year, Favorite Artist – Rap/Hip-Hop and Favorite Album – Rap/Hip-Hop.
Romeo Santos, Enrique Iglesias and Ricky Martin are this year’s Favorite Latin nominees
Jennifer Lopez will host and perform on the “2015 American Music Awards,” which will air live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday, November 22 at 8:00pm ET on ABC.
The American Music Awards winners are chosen entirely by fans. Fans can vote now at AMAvote.com.
- Hurricane Matthew Now A Category 5 Hurricane, Jamaica In Path
- Hurricane Matthew Strengthens To A Category 4 Hurricane – Update
- Breaking News – Hurricane Matthew Now A Category 3 Hurricane
- Hurricane Matthew Continues To Intensify Over The South-Central Caribbean Sea
- The Caribbean Presence In The US’ National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Meet The Guyanese-Roots Stars Heating Things Up On Top Rated US Shows