Caribbean Recipe Of The Week – Caribbean Thanksgiving Salad
News Americas Now, NEW YORK, NY, Fri. Nov. 4, 2016: While I do celebrate each month, November is super special.
It is special because it’s my birth month and the month for great annual feasting – Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving Day is only 20 days away so it’s is time to get the menus ready for the celebration of giving Thanks and having great meals with friends, families, co-workers and neighbors.
As you know, my major meals/dinner parties must have a Caribbean twist because the Caribbean cuisine is the best in the world!
So as I look ahead to my Thanksgiving dinner menu, The Caribbean flavors I am thinking of incorporating are jerk seasoning, mango/pineapple salad and coconut cocktails.
Today I will share with you my recipe for my Caribbean Thanksgiving Salad – with mango- pineapple, watercress, roasted beet salad with goat feta cheese.
Caribbean Thanksgiving Salad
1lb Beets (roasted and sliced)
2 cups cubed mango
1 cup Pineapple (cubed)
2 bunches of Watercress
1/2 lb Goat Feta Cheese
1 small red onions (minced)
1/2 cup of Cranberry raisins
1oz olive oil
1oz cider Vinegar
Roast and slice Beets.
Wash and Cut the watercress in small pieces.
Combine all the ingredients except the oil, vinegar and Goat Feta Cheese.
Allow the mixture to sit in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
Just before serving add the oil and Vinegar and gently mix in the salad.
Serve each guest separately on individual salad plates.
Break the Goat Feta cheese in small pieces.
Sprinkle the pieces of cheese over reach individual salad.
- Two Caribbean American Congress Members To Skip Donald Trump Inauguration
- Caribbean And Latin America News Round Up For Jan. 19, 2017
- Caribbean And Latin America News Round Up For Jan. 18, 2017
- Renaissance At Shorelands Shines Bright At Real Estate Awards
- Jamaica’s Environment Or Jamaica’s Economy – Why Is There A Choice?
- Jamaican Singer Jack Radics Kicking Off His 2017 ‘Watershed’ Tour In South Florida