Caribbean Recipe Of The Week – Coconut Fillet Of Snapper With Okra
News Americas, NEW YORK, NY, Weds. Dec. 28, 2016: Happy Kwanzaaand a Happy and safe New Year to you all when it comes.
So as we continue to party it is important that we try to eat balance meals and drink responsibly! For my New Year’ s Eve Party, I will be serving some Caribbean inspired appetizers, entrees and cocktails!
Spicy Cabbage With Cod Fish
Jerk Chicken Wings
Mango Watercress Salad
Coconut Fillet Of Snapper With Okra
Cassava Salad With Olives
String Beans With Pickled Beets
Today I will share with you my recipe for Coconut Fillet of Snapper with Okra.
1 (1-pound) red snapper fillet with skin (3/4 inch thick)
1 cup fresh coconut milk
10 oz frozen Okra
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 stalks scallion
2 large onion
Scotch bonnet pepper
Heat coconut oil in a small skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
Sautee scallion, onion , thyme and scotch bonnet pepper, stirring, until fragrant but not brown.
Add 1/2 cup coconut milk.
Add frozen okra and cook until tender.
Add fish fillet to skillet, add the rest of the coconut milk then steam until fish is just cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Two Caribbean American Congress Members To Skip Donald Trump Inauguration
- Caribbean And Latin America News Round Up For Jan. 19, 2017
- Caribbean And Latin America News Round Up For Jan. 18, 2017
- Renaissance At Shorelands Shines Bright At Real Estate Awards
- Jamaica’s Environment Or Jamaica’s Economy – Why Is There A Choice?
- Jamaican Singer Jack Radics Kicking Off His 2017 ‘Watershed’ Tour In South Florida