Caribbean Recipe Of The Week – Coconut Fillet Of Snapper With Okra
News Americas, NEW YORK, NY, Weds. Dec. 28, 2016: Happy Kwanzaaand a Happy and safe New Year to you all when it comes.
So as we continue to party it is important that we try to eat balance meals and drink responsibly! For my New Year’ s Eve Party, I will be serving some Caribbean inspired appetizers, entrees and cocktails!
Spicy Cabbage With Cod Fish
Jerk Chicken Wings
Mango Watercress Salad
Coconut Fillet Of Snapper With Okra
Cassava Salad With Olives
String Beans With Pickled Beets
Today I will share with you my recipe for Coconut Fillet of Snapper with Okra.
1 (1-pound) red snapper fillet with skin (3/4 inch thick)
1 cup fresh coconut milk
10 oz frozen Okra
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 stalks scallion
2 large onion
Scotch bonnet pepper
Heat coconut oil in a small skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
Sautee scallion, onion , thyme and scotch bonnet pepper, stirring, until fragrant but not brown.
Add 1/2 cup coconut milk.
Add frozen okra and cook until tender.
Add fish fillet to skillet, add the rest of the coconut milk then steam until fish is just cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Trump Uses Fake Claims To Continue Scapegoating Immigrants In Congressional Address
- Carnival 2017 Wraps Up Today In Trinidad
- 10 Things You Should Know About The New Jamaican American Vice Chair Of The DNC
- Son Of Caribbean Immigrants To Lead Democratic Party’s Fight Against Trump
- CaribbeanTales Flow into Production As Leading Film Producers Begin Production On Three New Pilots
- Six Famous Black Caribbean Immigrants Who Were Deported By U.S. Authorities