Caribbean Recipe Of The Week – Rum and Raisin Sweet Potatoes
News Americas, NEW YORK, NY, Fri. Nov. 11, 2016: The US presidential elections are over with a big upset, leaving many people feeling sore and emotionally distraught. So this is a great time to think about the Thanksgiving meal and getting together with friends and family to heal the divide!
My suggestion for helping to achieve this is to add some Jamaican White Rum to your cooking. Today I will share with you my recipe for a great side dish using Jamaican White Rum – Rum and Raisin Sweet Potatoes.
5 lbs American Sweet Potatoes
2 cups of Jamaican White Rum
8ozs melted Butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 pint heavy cream
1 tbs Cinnamon
Bring the potatoes to boil.
Add salt to taste.
Remove when cooked.
Put potatoes in a large bowl.
Mash the sweet potatoes.
Add the Raisins.
Add melted butter.
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
In a separate bowl whip the rum into the heavy cream until the cream forms peaks.
Fold the whipped rum flavored cream into the potatoes gently.
Serve at room temperature or slightly chilled.
- These Caribbean Athletes Shone Brightly At Penn Relays 2017
- Partial Settlement of a Class Action Lawsuit for Purchasers of Solodyn and/or Its Generic Equivalent is Announced
- Ciao Willy Pic Of The Week – Arturo Vidal
- Caribbean Sports News In Brief
- Meet The D.C. Firms Paid By Caribbean Governments To Lobby On Their Behalf – A NAN First
- Caribbean & Latin America Week In Photos