Sad State Of Affairs – No West Indies Cricketers In Top 10 Rankings
By NAN Sports Editor
News Americas, NEW YORK, NY, Fri. Dec. 2, 2016: West Indies cricket has been on the decline for years now and it became more painfully obvious this week after the International Cricket Council (ICC), released it latest player rankings showing no West Indies players in any of the top 10 categories.
Not a single on in the test player category; none in the One Day International (ODI) category or in the T-20 category either. Those glory days are long gone!
The only West Indian player in the Top 20 test player list is Barbados-born star Kraigg Brathwaite. Brathwaite, 23, broke into the top 20 at 19 for his 677 on November 1, 2016 against Pakistan.
Darren Bravo was in the top 30, coming in at 26 while Shane Dowrich is in the Top 60. He came in at 59 for the 439 scored on November 1, 2016 against Pakistan.
In the ODI ranks, Marlon Samuels and Darren Bravo were the only players to break the top 50. Samuels was ranked 29th on the list while Bravo came in at 48th.
In the T20 players’ rankings, only Chris Gayle, at 14th, made it into the Top 20 ranks. Samuels at 21 and Johnson Charles at 26, broke into the top 30 ranks.
The news comes on the heels of the latest loss by the Windies team to Zimbabwe on Nov. 25th. Globally, the West Indies cricket team remains at 8th on the world wide rankings, just ahead of Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.
- These Caribbean Athletes Shone Brightly At Penn Relays 2017
- Partial Settlement of a Class Action Lawsuit for Purchasers of Solodyn and/or Its Generic Equivalent is Announced
- Ciao Willy Pic Of The Week – Arturo Vidal
- Caribbean Sports News In Brief
- Meet The D.C. Firms Paid By Caribbean Governments To Lobby On Their Behalf – A NAN First
- Caribbean & Latin America Week In Photos