Support The Day Without Immigrants
News Americas, NEW YORK, NY, Thurs. Feb. 16, 2017: We are happy to see the call by Felicia J. Persaud on Feb. 3, 2017 for a National Day With Immigrants, is set to become a reality on Thursday Feb. 16, 2017.
Today, we urge all immigrants – documented or not, US citizen or not, to support the national “Day Without Immigrants” boycott, much like Sergio Arau’s satire “A Day Without a Mexican.”
We hope all immigrants will show their collective economic power today and importance to this country amidst the hate and scapegoating by Donald Trump and his alt-right, Nazi-inspired supporters.
Whether you are from the Caribbean, Africa, Latin America, Central America, South America, Europe, Asia or the Middle East – we are all immigrants. Let us send a clear message today by shutting down the US’ economy for a day.
Whether you work in a restaurant, a hotel, a field, an office, in a home as a nanny or for yourself, let us strike today.
It’s easy. Do not to go to work, do not to go to school, do not to open your business and definitely do not to spend any money today. Let’s make our collective voices be heard today and show our power in these United States. Let us all pledge to support the national #DayWithoutImmigrants.
- Six Famous Black Caribbean Immigrants Who Were Deported By U.S. Authorities
- Caribbean Entertainment News Round-Up – Caribbean Filmmaker Up For Oscars
- Trump’s America – Episode #6 – Good News, Fake News
- Caribbean Sports In Brief – This Windies Player Is Back After Two Years
- Top Seven Caribbean Countries With The Most Cruise Passengers In 2016
- Donald Trump: Talk To El Chapo Before Building Your Great Border Wall