Usain Looking Forward To 200-M

News Americas, DAEGU, Korea, Tues. Aug. 30, 2011: Jamaica’s triple Olympian and World record holder, Usain “Lightning” Bolt is putting aside the negative from his disqualification Sunday and looking ahead to the 200-m.

While expressing disappointing with his failure to defend his 100-m title due to a false start Sunday, Bolt said in a statement Monday: “I have a few days to refocus and get ready for the 200m (heats) on Friday.”

The top athlete, while pausing to congratulate team mate and training partner, Yohan Blake, for winning the 100-m, said he is also looking ahead to the 4x100m and a few other races before the end of the season.

“I know that I am now in good shape and will focus on running well in the 200-m,” said Bolt.

Under the rule introduced last year, athletes who false start are immediately disqualified.

The International Association of Athletics Federations has said it is continuing to study the new rule but has no immediate plans to alter it, although that could change after a 100 meters final without Bolt.

Britain’s Olympic 400 metres champion Christine Ohuruogu and sprinter Dwain Chambers have already have felt the full force of the rule in these championships. Both were eliminated from the competition for leaving the starting blocks early.