News Americas, NEW YORK, NY, Fri. May 29, 2020: So far, more than 300,000 people all over the world have died from the Novel Coronavirus. The virus, which is medically referred to as SARS CoV2, started in China late last year. What seemed like simple flu that would pass in a month has now spread to almost all countries, becoming a global pandemic.
Governments have issued directives to help curb the spread of the virus, but sadly, four million people have contracted it globally. The disease affects different people in different ways. However, people with pre-existing conditions such as HIV, cancer, and other respiratory system complications are the worst affected by this virus.
The cannabis community is one of the most vulnerable people at this time. This is because:
- The communities have risky social behaviors, such as sharing blunts.
- When engaging in a smoking session, it is hard to maintain the six feet social distancing rule.
- Patients who take medical marijuana are also those who have problems, such as arthritis and cancer, which increase their risk of complications.
Getting your quality CBD Canada helps you avoid the risks involved in social smoking or sharing. But here are nine more ways you can reduce your risk of getting COVID 19 and its complications.
1. Avoiding Contact with Infected People
These are how you can get in contact with coronavirus:
- Face to face contact and less than a six-foot distance between yourself and a confirmed case.
- Direct contact, such as hugging and holding hands with a confirmed case.
- Coming into contact with the bodily fluids of a person with a confirmed case.
- Cough droplets and picking up the virus from surfaces where they could have landed.
All these scenarios can happen when you are sharing cannabis with friends. It is advisable to avoid the hangout sessions until the virus is under control.
2. Sharing Cannabis and Accessories
Another typical behavior among people who use cannabis is sharing things like blunts and even e-cigarettes and Vapes. When you share these, you come into direct contact with the saliva of a possibly infected person. This doubles your risk of getting the virus.
During the flu season, one of the things that the cannabis community does is to make sure they use flame and heat to kill pathogens before passing the blunt to another person. However, for COVID 19, researchers have claimed that heat is one of the best ways to kill the virus, it is best to avoid sharing vaping tools in the first place.
Remember that the virus lives for up to several days after it lands on a surface. To avoid getting it, avoid sharing the tools for the time being.
3. Washing Hands Before Touching Cannabis Products
Sharing cannabis products such as blunts, ointments, and tinctures often means that you have to touch them before passing them on to another person. You are likely to transfer the virus to your mouth and nose if you feel a surface that is contaminated with coronavirus before handling your vaping equipment.
Similarly, if your hands are contaminated, and you touch cannabis products before passing them to another person, you will end up passing on the viral infection to them. It would help if you considered washing the washable tools and equipment used in vaping and smoking or ingesting cannabis .our favorite cannabis seeds are by high supplies, they provide amazing cannabis products.
4. Boosting Your Immunity
The state of your immune system has a direct connection to how well you deal with coronavirus. Patients with pre-existing conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, HIV, and blood pressure are succumbing to COVID 19 more often than those without these life-threatening conditions.
Cannabis contains the following ingredients that can help in boosting your immunity:
- Terpenes such as limonene, myrcene, eucalyptol, camphene, alpha-bisabolol, and many others have anti-cancer, antidiabetic effects.
- The plant terpenes also improve your respiration, which protects you from getting breathing complications when COVID 19 symptoms get severe.
- The flavonoids found in cannabis have excellent antiviral and antibacterial effects. They also have anti-aging properties.
- CBD, one of the primary cannabinoids in cannabis, is known to have countless immunity-boosting benefits, including healing you from respiratory disorders.
5. Choose Edibles and Oils
Smoking cannabis is not the best way to benefit from it. Most smoking materials have adverse side effects on the respiratory tract. These include irritation, which leads to inflammation, which further leads to the increase in mucus or phlegm, which clogs the respiratory tract resulting in the shortage of breath.
This, however, does not mean that you should forfeit the many benefits that cannabis offers. You can choose to have cannabidiol oil and cannabis edibles to add to your food instead of smoking it. The edibles and ointments still reach the body and get absorbed by the endocannabinoid receptors.
6. Get Enough Rest
Sleep is one of the best ways to boost your immunity. When you sleep, your body repairs and rejuvenates itself. A well-prepared body is in a better position to ward off infections than one whose immunity is low.
One of the complications that come from coronavirus is insomnia. Lack of sleep stems from muscle pains, joint pains, and general body fatigue. Adding CBD products in your diet helps stimulate the body’s endocannabinoid system. When the system is stimulated, your mind regulates your mood more effectively, and your sleeping patterns become regular.
7. Covering the Nose and Mouth
Researchers say that the eyes, nose, and mouth are the most common route of entry of the COVID 19 germs. You can reduce these risks to COVID 19 by using edibles and avoiding shared cannabis products. That means you should also avoid touching your face, especially if you have come into contact with your fellow cannabis enthusiasts. The moment you touch your nose, eyes, mouth, or other parts of the face with a soft membrane, give the virus a route to enter the body.
Another crucial protection measure that can help you keep yourself safe and your friends are staying away if you feel unwell. The signs of possible COVID infection are:
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- Breathing problems
- Muscle pains
If you have any of the signs, quarantine yourself for a minimum of fourteen days. Avoiding any contact lowers the risk of passing the virus to friends that you smoke up with.
9. Add Cannabis Additives to Your food
Cannabis tinctures, cannabidiol, and other cannabis additives contain active ingredients that can boost your immunity. One of the easy ways to reap the benefits of cannabis is adding a little cannabidiol to your fresh fruit and vegetable salads before eating.
- Cannabis increases your lung capacity, which is one of the best ways to deal with breathing difficulties connected to coronavirus.
- It regulates heart health and diabetes, lowering your risk of developing complications from coronavirus.
Making cannabis part of your diet will ensure that you can easily fight the virus even if you get infected.
As governments take several measures to stop COVID 19 from spreading further, you can contribute by staying safe. Cannabis can help boost your immunity, but only if it is used the right way. These nine simple steps will help you stay healthy and free of coronavirus with cannabis. Make sure to choose quality cannabis products from reliable sellers for maximum benefits, and do not forget to follow the general directives.