News Americas, NEW YORK, NY, Fri. Sept. 28, 2018: A new HBO documentary this week indicated that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is still embracing new cuisines from all over the world and one of her new favorite food is callaloo soup from the Caribbean. Here’s the recipe that you do can enjoy royally this weekend.
2 bundles callaloo (approximately 12 ozs.)
12 ozs. Beef (seasoned)
12 cups water
1 tsp. garlic (minced)
½ cup chopped onion
1 tbsp. salt
½ cup chive
½ tsp. all-purpose seasoning
¼ tsp. pepper
2 potatoes (white or sweet)
2 cups coconut milk
1 tbsp. butter (optional)
- If using salt meat, cut up and soak for ¾ to 1 hour.
- Boil with fresh beef for ½ hour.
- Cut up callaloo leaves and wash thoroughly, then add to beef.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the other ingredients, adjust seasoning to taste.
- Cook until everything is soft.
- Add coconut milk 10 minutes before removing fire.
- Allow to stand until cool.
- Strain in fine sieve and serve hot.