News Americas, NEW YORK, NY, Fri. July 13, 2018: This week, we bring you a recipe from the U.S. Virgin Islands that is a very easy and quick dish to prepare. Here is the recipe for Crab and Rice.
1 large onion, chopped
2 medium bell peppers (mix of colors), chopped
1 tbs dried thyme
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 scotch bonnet, minced (or to desired heat)
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1lb real crab meat
4 oz tomato paste
2 cups rice
3 cups water
3 tbs butter
2 tbs sofrito
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot and add the first 6 ingredients.
- Sauté until tender.
- Add all other ingredients and bring to a rapid boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover pot. Do not lift lid while cooking.
- Continue cooking on low for 15-20 minutes or until all the water is dried out and the rice is tender.
- Fluff with a fork and serve hot.