News Americas, NEW YORK, NY, Fri. Oct. 4, 2019: This week we spotlight on a dessert/snack recipe that is especially known and popular in Guyana and Trinidad and Tobago. It’s fudge and here’s how you make it.
1 Can Evaporated Milk = 1 1/2 Cups
1 ½ Cups Sugar
½ Tbsp Almond Essence
1 Tbsp Margarine
1 Set stove to medium and place a saucepan on heat.
2 Add milk, sugar and essence to pan.
3. Stir slowly until mixture thickens.
4 Once it is starts to get thicker, reduce heat to low.
5. Add the margarine and keep turning.
6. Once the mixture thickens, in approx. 20 mins, remove from heat.
7: Add peanuts if desire and mix together.
8. Pour into a baking pan or dish, flatten and smooth off with some margarine.
9. Let cool, then cut into squares.